Saturday, December 11, 2010

Last night, at midnight, I drove home on streets damp with rain. This morning, I pull open my front door and see this. Beautiful, isn't it? You can see the pattern of the door in the snow. I'm guessing it's about seven or eight inches, some of it probably snow drift as opposed to snowfall, but in any case, I don't think I'll be able to leave the house today.

I'm not complaining, just yet. Yesterday was the last day of classes. Going into finals week, I've finished most of my writing, a good deal of grading, and I think I could use a day in the apartment to relax and maybe clean the bathroom. I have a hankering for cider and a book to curl up with that is unrelated to schoolwork. I have a movie from Netflix waiting to be watched.

A week from now, however, I want the roads clear and the sky blue. I want to make it home for Christmas, for my birthday, and weather has a lot to do with whether or not that happens. So go ahead, skies: SNOW! Do your worst today, tomorrow! And then, take a break. Rest. Store your energies and wait until I'm safely away. I'd appreciate it, immensely.

No comments: